Re: Vuln in Verisign PayFlow Link payment service

From: Megan McRee (meganmcat_private)
Date: Sat Jan 05 2002 - 10:27:33 PST

    Looks like it might be a little difficult to totally secure from my end. I
    would go for PayFlow Pro, but I cater to smaller sites that don't want to
    fork out the big bucks and don't want things any more difficult than it has
    to be. I don't want things anymore difficult than it has to be because I
    have to answer the support e-mails too :)

    At this point, if VeriSign won't correct the problem, I think the best thing
    is to make sure everyone knows that they need to have confirmation e-mails
    sent from verisign. They are already sent an e-mail from the site, so if
    they don't see 2 e-mails come in they should know something is definitely
    wrong....

    That would probably work for most sites using the PayFlow system as they are
    probably small enough to catch that if they know what to look for.