Re: DoS against DHCP

From: Craig Van Tassle (craigat_private)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 15:49:55 PST

    Well acutally i think that if you try to use the same MAC address for all the dhcp requests that could prove to be a problem..  Basicly if you want to you can jsut write a program to send out false MAC/ARP replies.. and with various ways of MAC spoofing you could tell the DHCP server that you have all the addresses and that could be used to make the subnet unusable until the DHCP leases are released.

    just my $0.02

    Criag