Re: New thoughts on CSS

From: Blue Boar (BlueBoarat_private)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 19:05:13 PST

    Matt Dickinson wrote:

    > I saw this recently in a newsgroup, I can't believe it's real, and found
    > no mention when browsing the news sections on either of the company
    > websites. Isn't this a good example?
    >
    > >=- Manolo -=| wrote:
    > >
    > http://www.microsoft.com&item%3Dq209354at_private/1338825GHU_98.as

    That's a different class of problem.  As some have already advised,
    you need to RTFM:
    q209354at_private/nyheter/feb01/Q209354%20-%20HOWTO.htm">http://www.microsoft.com&item=q209354at_private/nyheter/feb01/Q209354%20-%20HOWTO.htm
    :)

    The @ is a delimiter between the authentication info, and the rest of the
    URL.  An easier to understand example is
    passwordat_private">http://username:passwordat_private

    This kind of confusion is probably just as effective as a good CSS attack,
    perhaps even more so.  Ever wonder how they got www.@stake.com, when @
    isn't a legal DNS character?

    						BB