Re: Reported Kazaa and Morpheus vulnerabilities

From: Carlos Gaona (cgaonauat_private)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 12:20:16 PST

    Thanks for the information about Kazaa, and you're completly right with the
    posibilty of a DoS attack -i don't know were my head was this morning-
    because this little webservers are extremely vulnerable to security treats
    and shouldn't be implemented at least as a "good-practice".
    In practice, and related of waht you said, Kazaa don't block file
    downloading request directly trough http even if there is set a limit on
    uploads conections on Trafic Settings... what does limit the anonymous
    connections is to restrict the bandwith on Advanced Settings...

    Carlos Gaona U.