Re: Blue Boar - Reported Kazaa and Morpheus vulnerabilities

From: b0iler _ (b0ilerat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 19:14:11 PST

    Re: Author:Blue Boar <blueboarat_private>

    >Well, I think that's what the original poster was getting at.  Anyone
    >here tried the usual .. bugs and so on?  (Either successfully or not,
    >we'd like to know.)

    I found this http server deal out on my own a few months back, then checked
    up on it and found a bugtraq posting about it.  Coded up a quick perl
    scanner to check for autoexec.bat and then wrote a funny little article on
    it for my website.  It is a shame slashdot/bbc posted the "exploit" as news
    and some group (2600?) claims they found it or whatever yet they don't know
    what is causing it and they say it happens to some people and not to others
    for no reason (LOL).  After my scanner I tried the regular directory
    transversal tricks, ../, url encoding, guessing the algo for the random
    virtual directories/paths to the files, ip:1214/./../../, ip:1214/.\./.\./,
    and all that good stuff with no success.  I should note that I didn't try
    ... which brings win to root dir, but I don't think morpheous works on a
    real file system - the directories are virtual so there is no way of getting
    files that aren't shared.

    just my .02, but it looks fairly secure from any method I am aware of.
    Sorry I did not read the other posts in this thread, so some of this post
    might be redundant.

    http://b0iler.advknowledge.net
    or for the article reguarding morpheous user's sharing files/morpheous
    webserver:
    http://www.eccentrix.com/education/b0iler/tutorials/idotsofp2p.htm