RE: Reported Kazaa and Morpheus vulnerabilities

From: Colby Marks (Colbyat_private)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 19:28:55 PST

    However, this allows one to bypass the normal restrictions of the
    program.  If I kept getting put on the "Remotely Queued" list for an
    item, I could point my browser at the person sharing the file.  Then I
    could download the file w/o the user knowing.  I put restrictions of
    bandwidth and number of users because I have a limited upload speed.
    This allows one to bypass that restriction.  I believe this hole was
    revealed back in September sometime on this list because I remember
    it...I remember showing my friends this bug to alert them to it.

    -Colby