I am the Originator of the Graduate Student Survey

From: Edward Jones (eljonesat_private)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 09:27:19 PST

    Ok Ian
    	No I am not on a Social Engineer mission
    here I have been answering these types of email all
    morning, but to address your specific concerns:
    1) No this isn't a Social Engineering mission
    2) Actually the list of names came from my "Junk
    Email" list from when I was subscribed to multiple
    SecurityFocus groups.
    3) The Survey was initially meant to be for CSI
    Members but because of time constraints I sent it out
    to people whom because of there membership to
    securityfocus would have the necessary knowledge
    base needed to make the research believable.
    4) I have a different reply address because my
    research is not reflective of my agency and is purely
    student research.
    5) Truthfully you could just put down misleading or
    inaccurate information about your organization and I
    would never know.
    6) Finally if you haven't got it yet this is a legitimate
    survey.

    E.L. Jones
    Network Security Engineer