Re: UCD-snmp 4.2.1 exploit - proof of concept

From: xbud (xbudat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 10:24:01 PST

    BB - Meant to cc this to the list as well.

    I did a slight analysis of it, this morning because I ran it without
    "thoroughly" reviewing the shellcode.  It looks legit I cannot verify the
    exploit works I haven't had time to download ucd-snmpd 4.2.1 and verify
    however the shellcode looks real... attached is a strings/strace of the
    shellcode itself.

    It loads a few functions and executes what I believe a normal bind/shell
    code-snip would look like.

    -disclaimer-
    however!, I don't guarantee anything... As I mentioned it was indeed a slight
    analysis and I could be totally off. If someone discovers otherwise please
    let me know.

    --
    Orlando Padilla