Re: slocate bug.

From: Rodrigo Barbosa (rodrigobat_private)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 04:38:22 PST

    On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 09:54:39AM +0000, Wodahs Latigid wrote:
    > > Again, on Conectiva Linux snapshot:
    > >
    > > frodo [/home/rodrigob] > slocate abc -oMoP
    > > fatal error: slocate: Must specify an 'Update' database option first.
    > > frodo [/home/rodrigob] > ls -lap MoP
    > > ls: MoP: No such file or directory
    > Just out of curiosity, if you give it the
    > required option (the 'Update' database
    > option), plus the -o option, does it
    > still not create the file?

    Yes, the file is created. But as far as I undertood the docs, this is
    the expected behaviour.
    And reading about the tests of the other list subscribers, looks like
    there is no system with any file writable by group slocate.
    Now, the question remains: is it possible to compromisse anything with
    it ? At first glance, I'm tempted to say "no".

    Anyone cares to make a definitive statement ?

    []s

     Rodrigo Barbosa                   - rodrigob at tisbrasil.com.br
     TIS 				   - Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
     "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"  - http://www.tisbrasil.com.br/
     Brainbench Certified -> Transcript ID #3332104