w00bind claims false

From: Matt Conover (shokat_private)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 18:45:53 PST

    There is a rumor of a w00bind exploit for bind 8.x and 9.x that was
    posted earlier today. This is false. This "w00bind" code recently made it
    back to me, and it has my name in it. So assuming I really co-authored
    w00bind, it would have to be pretty old (1997 or 1998), because I have no
    recollection of working on it. As a final point, w00w00 is not an
    underground group and any new vulnerabilities we discover we publicly
    disclose.

    Matt