Re: Possible IDS-evasion technique

From: Burak DAYIOGLU (dayiogluat_private)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 02:41:19 PST

    Vadim Berezniker wrote:

    > Try sending HTTP/239.73, and Apache (and probably others) will still
    > respond.
    > I believe they just respond to it as if it was a 1.1 request.
    > I don't know what it does when you specify something like 0.1

    This, one again, shows that keeping applications/systems and NIDS's in
    sync is a
    difficult and almost impossible. A perfect NIDS does not only have to
    know the
    -correct- protocol behavior but also the -broken but popular- behaviors
    as well.

    --
    Burak DAYIOGLU
    Phone: +90 312 2103379      Fax: +90 312 2103333