Re: Rumours about Apache 1.3.22 exploits

From: Olaf Kirch (okirat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 06:07:43 PST

    > There is a bug in the php_split_mime function in PHP 3.x and 4.x. There is a
    > working exploit floating around which provides a remote bindshell for PHP
    > versions 4.0.1 to 4.0.6 with a handful of default offsets for different
    > platforms.

    Blechch. This code is really icky. There's really an sprintf down there
    in the code that looks bad (apart from a few other things that look bad).
    But if I don't misread the patch, the sprintf is still there in 4.1.1.

    > Since the PHP developers commited another change to the affected
    > source file (rfc1687.c) about two days ago, speculation is that there is yet
    > another remote exploit.

    Not in the public CVS (has been removed?)

    Olaf
    --
    Olaf Kirch         |  --- o --- Nous sommes du soleil we love when we play
    okirat_private  |    / | \   sol.dhoop.naytheet.ah kin.ir.samse.qurax