Re: Rumours about Apache 1.3.22 exploits

From: Erik Tayler (erikat_private)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 00:10:37 PST

    How large is the binary you have (73501867)? I have two different versions of
    what appear the be the same exploit, and I have seen others as well (all with
    the exact same functionality and strings output, yet different sizes).

    -rw-r--r--    1 nein     users       41948 Feb 28 23:08 73501867.bin
    -rw-r--r--    1 nein     users        3118 Mar  5 02:06 73501867.strings
    -rw-r--r--    1 nein     users       33189 Feb 28 23:03 php4x.bin
    -rw-r--r--    1 nein     users        3118 Feb 28 23:03 php4x.strings

    I've heard that there are several version floating around to "throw people
    off", none of which are actually functional. Both of mine are dynamically
    linked, unstripped. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

    Erik Tayler
    erik at digitaloffense dot net