Re: Problems in Apache 1.3.22

From: Wodahs Latigid (wodahsat_private)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 01:56:40 PST

    > Making this test I also realised that Internet Explorer doesn´t let
    > you put an adress of more than 2047 characters in the URL bar

    It also seems to have problems with clearing
    long addresses from the address bar's
    automatic address typing function.

    With IE5.5 on Win95, using the "Clear History"
    button doesn't shift extremly long URL's.

    If you start to type in the URL, it will come
    up with the suggestion of using the long URL
    that you accessed, which should have been
    cleared.

    This could be a mild kind of privacy issue, but
    shouldn't really affect people as url's that
    long are pretty hard to come by.

    Wodahs

    http://www.ministryofpeace.co.uk/

    http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

    Travelocity.com is giving away two million travel miles.
    http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;3969773;6991039;g?http://svc.travelocity.com/promos/millionmiles_main/0,,TRAVELOCITY,00.html