Re: StackShield

From: Hank Leininger (vuln-dev@progressive-comp.com)
Date: Sat Mar 09 2002 - 00:31:59 PST

    On 2002-03-08, "Kurt Seifried" <bugtraqat_private> wrote:

    > Uhh. Crispin Cowan, www.wirex.com, www.immunix.org.

    Naw.  Similar, but not the same as StackGuard; different people from
    Crispin & co.  Stack Shield was another effort at stack-smash protection,
    using a second stack rather than canaries, etc.  It had some plusses and
    minuses, but mostly minuses :-P  Various bugtraq threads/posts over the
    years:

    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=bugtraq&r=1&s=stack+shield&q=b

    --
    Hank Leininger <hlein@progressive-comp.com>