RE: Ph.D Network/Internet/Web/App security

From: Greg Rice (griceat_private)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 20:21:46 PST

    If your serious about getting a PhD in the network security field I
    would recommend Purdue.  Their CERIAS program is well funded, well
    established, and headed by Eugene Spafford.  They constantly put out
    great papers.  Quite a few other midwest schools also have good security
    programs as well.  For instance the Iowa State University ISSL Lab is
    also well established in the community and well accredited with the NSA.

    Quite a few other schools are beginning to build security programs as
    well.  University of Idaho, Georgetown, and UC-Davis all have courses in
    the field.

    Good luck - greg