SSH 3.1.0 Potential Exploit + FIX

From: SoulBlazer (soul@lamp-post.net)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 09:36:37 PST

    Greetings,

    With all the hype about openssh being hackable, and zlib-1.1.3 being a
    potential hole, I believe that perhaps the following has been overlooked.

    (/usr/src/build/ssh-3.1.0/lib/zlib)# : more ChangeLog

                    ChangeLog file for zlib

    Changes in 1.1.3 (9 July 1998)
    - fix "an inflate input buffer bu

    Heh anyhow I patched ssh 3.1.0 against the newer zlib (1.1.4) and made the
    appropriate adjustments, patch attached.

    Cheers,

    Shoutouts to galt, FEENiX, wirepair, cylons, lpn, aeonflux, terrorbyt,
    index1, korolev, killahack,cowofdoom,oatmeal.. and any who I missed here..
    you know who you are. =)

    --
    Tread lightly, for you address not the storm.. but the force that binds it..