One more way to bypass NAV

From: 3APA3A (3APA3Aat_private)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 02:24:42 PST

    Dear BUGTRAQat_private,

    I've   updated   "Bypassing   content   filtering  software"  whitepaper
    http://www.security.nnov.ru/advisories/content.asp to include new way to
    bypass content filtering software. It confirmed to work with NAV and not
    to work with McAffee and KAV (AVP).

    Symantec      was     contected     via     supportat_private     and
    symsecurityat_private and didn't reply.

      13.Case sensitivity of Content-Type and Content-Disposition

      Most MUAs ignore case of Content-Type and Content-Disposition headres
      while content filtering software may behave in different way. It makes
      it possible to bypass content-filtering software by using header like

              CONTENT-type: text/plain;
                    NAme=\"eicar.com\"

    P.S. thanks to everyone on vuln-dev who participated in testing.

    --
    http://www.security.nnov.ru
             /\_/\
                        |/
    You know my name - look up my number (The Beatles)