Re: I HATE antivirus scanners

From: Mike Lisanke (lisankeat_private)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 10:33:18 PST

    Since my email server virus scan program striped the 'virus' it found and
    added a warning message. I was not
    able see the 'source' that it was complaining about. I would like to
    understand why my server's anti-virus filter would
    react at all to anything besides a binary. I take it that the original was
    html, my browser can render html, but; how was
    the anti-virus filter convinced of a incident when none existed (or only
    one within an IE browser). Please comment.

    Regards,
    Mike