Re: Security Research Group

From: Jose Nazario (joseat_private)
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 09:06:31 PDT

    On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Leandro Quibem Magnabosco wrote:

    > I'm starting a security group at Unisul (An University in Brazil) and
    > I need some directives of WHERE TO START the research.

    *sigh* wish i could travel. always wanted to hang in brazil for a while.
    some days i think it would be fun to go back to academia. :) anyhow, some
    suggestions:

    	USENIX conference papers
    	IEEE publications
    	ACM publications
    	tech reports from Univ Michigan (ie www.citi.umich.edu),
    	  Cal Berkeley, Stanford, Dartmouth, etc ...

    that should give you a start on a variety of backgrounds (formal, applied,
    theory, network, application auditing, crypto, etc). sorry my list is so
    US centric.

    all the best, and good luck,

    jose nazario, ph.d.			joseat_private
    					http://www.monkey.org/~jose/