Re:Cross Site Scripting?

From: b0iler _ (b0ilerat_private)
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 12:39:19 PDT

    There was a discussion about this awhile ago.  Most people seems confused
    with XSS and how it is defined.  I don't see how writting to a file could be
    concidered XSS in any way.

    quote from http://online.securityfocus.com/archive/82/263218

    "Although very simular to XSS writting SSI, PHP, or any other kind of server
    side language is not XSS, but rather a remote file writting vulnerability.
    The difference is there and I don't feel we should [not] confuse the two.  I
    am not sure if you would call client side scriptting that is saved to a file
    on the server XSS, but I personally do not count it as such."

    Wouldn't it be strange if all defacements were really XSS.