RE: SECURITY CAMERA WAR DRIVING

From: Vachon, Scott (Scott.Vachonat_private)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 13:40:55 PDT

    >I assume that wireless security cameras have the same
    >problems as wireless access points?  If true "peeping
    >Toms" wouldn't have to get out of their cars.

    True...48 Hours did a piece on it just the other night. Picked up live video
    from 1/2 mile away with a Pringles can antenna while just driving around the
    suburbs... Folks need to realize if the wireless transmissions aren't
    encrypted and/or frequency hopping, they might as well be running an ISP or
    TV station...

    ~S~

    Disclaimer: My own 2 cents...