Re: Vulnerability in PHP ?!?

From: Matthew Kauffman (matthew@e-businesscoach.com)
Date: Mon May 13 2002 - 14:43:32 PDT

    Looking a little closer, it does appear this is known to the PHP team, and
    supposedly this is a DoS only, without possibility of remotely executing
    code in 4.1.2.

    See http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=16067

    Matthew

    At 06:26 PM 5/13/02 +0200, you wrote:
    >I've posted this before but it was not processed.
    >
    >---
    >
    >I stumbled on some exploit code from TESO that is available at
    >packetstorm (http://packetstormsecurity.nl/filedesc/7350fun.html). The
    >code exists as a binary that is supposed to exploit
    >mod_php 4.0.x and crash at least 4.1.2
    >
    >I am curious what hole is being exploited. I can't remember a buffer
    >overflow vulnerability being reported for mod_php 4.1.2
    >Anyone with ideas ?
    >
    >TIA
    >Bone Machine

    E-business Coach, Inc.
    Call (1) 877-816-8161 or  http://www.e-businesscoach.com/

    [Web site software and solutions to advance your market strategy.]