Re: Thinking about Security rules...

From: David Hawley (drhunixat_private)
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 13:23:51 PDT

    >>Any thoughts on this?  Anyone seen a white paper on
    >>such a set of rules?
    >>
    >David,
    >
    >actually this reminds me of the "Defense-in-Depth" concept
    >applied to network/system security, but i may be wrong ;)
    >have a look at this one in the meantime :
    >http://rr.sans.org/start/primer.php
    >
    >cheers
    >Fred

    Fred, A GREAT white paper, really liked it!  That is very
    much the kind of thing I'm trying to research, only we want
    to know if anyone has ever written about automating the
    whole thing.  In other words has anyone ever written a white
    paper about putting together the "glue" to automate all
    those elements to work together, proactively?

    David