Exploiting Buffer Overflows on Compaq Tru64 and No-Exec Stack

From: helmut schmidt (helmutsch69at_private)
Date: Thu May 16 2002 - 01:28:39 PDT

    Hi,

    I have been testing buffer overflows on Compaq Tru64. However, all my
    examples execute code on the stack. Tru64 comes with a default
    non-executable stack.

    How can one exploit a Tru64 buffer overflow without executing code on the
    stack ? I would appreciate any techniques / White papers or coding examples
    that I can use to further my understanding of these issues in a 64-bit
    environment.

    Thanks in advance for any help, Helm