Re: PDF modifications?

From: Sumit Dhar (dharat_private)
Date: Thu May 16 2002 - 11:36:06 PDT

    > PDF encryption is a joke, xpdf/etc will bypass it most trivially. Adobe
    > makes some tools to modify PDF's and then there's also emacs or your text
    > editor of choice.

    I am not sure we are on the same page here.. but are you telling me that
    a document that is password protected (for printing/text extraction etc)
    is not really that secure. Or are you talking about some other encryption.

    I had performed an intensive search on google to locate ways of
    bypassing that protection, and found.. well nothing.

    But if we are on the same page, which tools can I use to read password
    protected documents. I wasn't able to use xpdf to do the same.

    Regards,
    Dhar