Re: ps under FreeBSD

From: J. Mallett (jmallettat_private)
Date: Sun May 19 2002 - 10:36:15 PDT

    On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 05:56:34PM +1200, Andrew Turner wrote:
    > On 18 May 2002 at 18:57, Jakub Filonik wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > > I was playing with ps on FreeBSD with kern.ps_showallprocs=0 and I was
    > > surprised when I have seen that I may see info about running process, if I
    > > know it's ID
    > >

    > kern.ps_showallprocs only disables ps showing all processes.
    > For example, try running "ps -ax" with kern.ps_showallprocs=0 and, as
    > a user, you only get prosesses you own.

    It's much improved in 5.0-CURRENT, as the security.bsd.show_other_uids (I
    think) oid.

    > > I think it may be seen as bug. What do You think?

    It's definitely just "the implementation scope is limited, and has been
    expanded in CURRENT".
    --
    J. Mallett                                                <jmallettat_private>
    jmallett@{FreeBSD.org,xMach.org}                    deepthroatat_private