Re: Online Games Consoles and Security Implications

From: Kevin Finisterre (dotslashat_private)
Date: Tue May 21 2002 - 15:52:31 PDT

    Also guys don't forget that these devices are fully linux and other unix
    capable... I have apache and a hacked up debian running on my dream cast
    with no problems ... I think there is a ps2linux distro as well. With
    the new mod chips out I have already heard rumors of an Xbox  based
    linux distro as well.

    These guys usually have the low down on the hardware "hacks" and that
    sort of stuff...
    http://www.lik-sang.com/catalog/default.php

    Heres a link to at least a few linux distros for the dream cast and ps2.
    http://linuxdevices.com/articles/AT7466555948.html
    ftp://ftp.m17n.org/pub/super-h/dreamcast/
    ftp://ftp.m17n.org/pub/linux-sh/CD-R/
    http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/dreamcast/
    http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/playstation2/

    The dreamcast is quite fun in gdb I certainly suggest trying this at
    home. You could hack out some hitachi sh3 shellcode or something if you
    are bored. =]

    enjoy!
    -KF