RE: Online Games Consoles and Security Implications

From: Vasisht Tadigotla (vasishtat_private)
Date: Tue May 21 2002 - 19:27:38 PDT

    If you could install Linux on an Xbox, which has a harddisk unlike
    Dreamcast where you have to load the OS everytime you boot, you might have
    a problem. In anycase Xbox is a kind of a PC anyway and would be
    vulnerable to all kinds of exploits for the x86 arch that are floating
    around. The Xbox Linux project is trying to port Linux to an Xbox but i
    haven't checked back in some time, so it's just a matter of time before
    people use their Xbox consoles as Linux machines.

    vasisht