Re: OT? Are chroots immune to buffer overflows?

From: Greg Hunt (gregat_private)
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 11:36:34 PDT

    Looking online, I found shellcode that breaks chroot by doing a
    mkdir("sh")
    chroot("sh")
    then running /bin/sh

    Other chroot breaking shellcode online does variations of the same thing. I haven't tested this out so I can't say for sure if this works, anyone else know?

    Shellcode available at:
    http://www.groar.org/expl/linux-x86/chroot.c
    http://www.groar.org/expl/linux-x86/chroot1.c

    --