Microsoft IIS - Possible authentication flaw?

From: rootat_private
Date: Mon May 27 2002 - 13:37:03 PDT

    Greetings,
    I was playing around with Microsoft IIS 5.1 when I noticed
    something very weird. If you go to a directory which has
    basic authentication enabled, and enter the string: %1p as
    the login, it will put this into the event logs under the
    system subsection:

    Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: W3SVC
    Event Category: None