Re: sql injection and php

From: Sverre H. Huseby (shhat_private)
Date: Wed May 29 2002 - 03:02:13 PDT

    [Jacek Lach]

    |   Does the magic_quotes in php's configuration resolves the problem of sql
    |   injection?

    No.

    |   Is this technique still a risk when the option is enabled?

    Yes.

    |   Most documentation I found was presenting ASP examples, but simple
    |   entering ' character doesn't work when this option is enabled
    |   (which is set in default configuration).

    You can do much damage without using the quote character:

      http://example.com/show.php?id=3;+DELETE+FROM+Customer

    Make the server work: Imagine a database with millions of entries,
    from which one normally only see one at a time:

      http://example.com/show.php?id=3+OR+TRUE

    And I guess there is much more that can be done by creative intruders.
    As always.

    Sverre.

    --
    shhat_private			Computer Geek?  Try my Nerd Quiz
    http://shh.thathost.com/		http://nerdquiz.thathost.com/