Re: sql injection and php

From: Sverre H. Huseby (shhat_private)
Date: Wed May 29 2002 - 14:05:54 PDT

    [Greg Hunt]

    |   I thought either PHP or MySQL won't allow more than one query in a
    |   mysql_query() call.

    PostgreSQL (which I use) supports it.  MySQL did not support it the
    last time I checked (a long time ago), but I found a TODO item that
    stated it should be supported in the future.

    I still think it is a bad idea to let anyone pass whatever they wish
    to the database.  What happens when you upgrade your database to a
    product/version that supports what the original database did not?  Who
    is responsible for fixing the new security problems?  Will anyone
    realise that you have any problems to fix at all, as soon as all
    functionality is in place?

    Letting it through because "the database I currently use does not
    support it" has very little to do with secure programming.  In my
    humble opinion.

    Sverre.

    --
    shhat_private			Computer Geek?  Try my Nerd Quiz
    http://shh.thathost.com/		http://nerdquiz.thathost.com/