RE: Verizon Call Intercept

From: Steven J. Sobol (sjsobolat_private)
Date: Fri May 31 2002 - 09:24:39 PDT

    On Tue, 28 May 2002, Mike Smith wrote:

    > I tried this service and found it to have a lot of practical problems.
    >
    > 1) It just asks for a name, records whatever they say, then rings
    > through to replay the recording to you.  That means (a) there's no
    > guarantee you'll get the person's actual identity; (b) you're still
    > disturbed by the phone ringing; and (c) you still have to pick up to
    > find out who it is!  Kinda defeats the whole purpose of the service.

    No, it doesn't. They bank on the fact that 99% of the nuisance callers out
    there won't want to work past it, and in my experience with SBC Privacy
    Manager, that is, in fact, true.

    --
    Steve Sobol, CTO (Server Guru, Network Janitor and Head Geek)
    JustThe.net LLC, Mentor On The Lake, OH  888.480.4NET   http://JustThe.net