Re: DNS Version check.

From: Edwin Groothuis (edwinat_private)
Date: Wed Jun 05 2002 - 17:23:50 PDT

    On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 05:59:37PM -0400, Vjay LaRosa wrote:
    > Does any one know if it is possible to request the version of bind a
    > server is running? I would like to write a quick perl script to scan my
    > network to check all of the versions. Thanks!

    dig @dnsserver version.bind chaos txt

    But keep in mind that this string can be set to anything random
    within the named.conf options-block. (man named.conf and search for
    version.bind).

    Edwin

    --
    Edwin Groothuis      |           Personal website: http://www.MavEtJu.org
    edwinat_private    |        Interested in MUDs? Visit Fatal Dimensions: