RE: DNS zone transfer

From: deepblue (newsat_private)
Date: Mon Jun 10 2002 - 00:32:59 PDT

    I tried a few experiments querying different types of dns servers and it
    seems bind servers will give up all the zone data whereas win2k servers
    with bind disabled won't.  Also, servers configured only to transfer
    their zone info to particular IP's wouldn't give up the zone data,
    whether it was bind or not.  I didn't query enough boxes with configs I
    knew to say that this is definitive, maybe someone else can shed some
    light on this.

    pd