Re: Another flaw in Apache?

From: Michal Zalewski (lcamtufat_private)
Date: Sat Jun 22 2002 - 18:27:48 PDT

    On Sun, 23 Jun 2002, Alexander Yurchenko wrote:

    > Nice bug and easy to exploit. I've attached a piece of code which
    > creates an .htaccess file. Requesting a directory containing this file
    > causes all httpd daemons to die. Works on my OpenBSD 3.1-current.

    Check out what you get - file descriptors and other goodies - and perhaps
    it is a good time to cc: bugtraq or at least Apache guys?;-)

    Have fun,
    Michal Zalewski [lcamtufat_private] [security]
    [http://lcamtuf.coredump.cx] <=-=> bash$ :(){ :|:&};:
    =-=> Did you know that clones never use mirrors? <=-=
              http://lcamtuf.coredump.cx/photo/