Re: Possible flaw in XFree?

From: Patrick van Zweden (patrickat_private)
Date: Fri Jun 28 2002 - 09:24:11 PDT

    Forget to cc the list

    At 16:06 27-6-2002 -0300, you wrote:
    >   I have made the following test:
    >
    >   1. Logged into the system as 'william' (a normal non-privileged user).
    >   2. startx
    >   3. Run xlock
    >   ... the screen is now locked...
    >   4. Tried a hit on some keys. The password screen appears.
    >   5. Then, 'ctrl-alt-backspace' and voila... X is down and my console
    >is there, opened for me.

    This is just normal behaviour. You can disable this behaviour within the
    Xfree Configuration file. (Option "DontZap" "boolean" ).
    So there is nothing about it. It's just for the user/admin to configure X
    so it doesn't react on the key combination. If you consider this as i flaw
    i guess you can consider pressing ctrl-alt-del on the console, making the
    machine reboot, a flaw as well ;-))

    Patrick

    --
    "Warning: you are logged into reality as root..."