Re: Plain text password for Microsoft (icwip.dun)

From: Juan M. Courcoul (courcoulat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 07:19:53 PDT

    Joerg Mayer wrote:

    > Sure, but publishing the existence, details or exploitcode for the platform
    > in question would be illegal in those parts of the world that have DMCA
    > like laws.

    I doubt the DMCA deterrent factor will be much of a hindrance for the
    black hats, especilly if backed by some nation or well-heeled
    individual, but will be quite a drag for the good guys. The old saying,
    "outlaw guns and only outlaws will have guns" comes to mind...

    A closed, proprietary system or one with a restricted distribution
    scheme and not subject to peer review will be particularly vulnerable
    and, well, we all know Microsoft's track record.

    JMC