Re: [7.8.2002 44916] Notice of Copyright Infringement

From: Vicne (vdhat_private)
Date: Thu Jul 11 2002 - 02:57:00 PDT

    Yea, but then it would be a lesser offence no?  I'm not to familiar with
    the DMCA, or law for that matter, but wouldn't a simple name trademark
    violation be less then a DMCA violation?

    I don't think it would be to hard to catch people, it just takes a p2p
    client and a simple search for their titles, then just write down the ip
    addresses and report them.

    But I am curious now, would they be able to build a case without
    validating that the content is actually theirs, not just the name?