Re: [7.8.2002 44916] Notice of Copyright Infringement]

From: Markus Kern (markus-kernat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 15 2002 - 04:30:03 PDT

    > Im sorry... I cant help but think that you are going mad.
    > A crime is a crime... you break the law.. its broken.

    The way i see it in laws there is only physics. Everything else is
    either mutual agreement or unbalanced distribution of resources.
    And I certainly don't agree.

    Note that in this case physics is working on my side ;-)

    > Copyright is there for a reason and all this guff about hot to get
    > around it and how to tell MPAA to F%#@ off is a load selfish
    > cods wallup.

    The reason for copyright is compensation of the artist so he can make
    a living and continue creating. It was not meant to produce huge
    corporations which use the money to maintain their monopoly when
    threatened by advances in technology.

    > All you guys that distribute this material are why the people who
    > obey the law a forced to people such high prices for movies, games etc.

    Yeah right. Your trust that market forces will sort things out for the
    better is scaring. Maybe looking up "monopoly" and "oligopoly" will
    help you.

    > My personal opinion... you should all start working out how to stop
    > complaining about the powers that be, and stop believing the
    > world owes you FREE stuff.

    I've never met anyone who wasn't willing to compensate an artist
    whose works he liked.
    It is the believe that there is a natural right to make a profit that
    creates the problem. If it is be better for both the artist and the
    user shouldn't we just get rid of all the people making a profit in
    between?
    I for one wouldn't have a problem with MTV shutting down and songs
    being released without video clips again.

    --
    Markus Kern