Re: PHP : eval() ?

From: Slow2Show (sl2shoat_private)
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 19:31:56 PDT

    frog-

    AFAIK if magic quotes is on the only way you could get through
    would be with the code below....if it is off
    then you could pass straight through, but from your
    output I would guess that your server has magic quotes on

    <?
    //this would be _very_ bad code for a coder to use
    eval(stripslashes($evalu));

    printf("<br>echo=%s",$evalu);
    ?>

    a valid test string would be:
    script.php?evalu=echo%20"start%20";system("ls");echo%20"end";

    so in your case magic quotes are enabled and you are dealing
    with a straight eval()...then I belive wont be able passthru

    please correct me if I'm wrong,

    -Slow2Show-
    University of Florida