Terminal Service - Denial of Service

From: Pisut Khunchala (pisutat_private)
Date: Tue Jul 30 2002 - 21:53:47 PDT

    Dear sirs,

    We configure by using load-balance technology (using RADWARE WSD), while RADWARE checking the status of terminal service by

    half-connection method. It's mean TCP hand check's stage No3 sends reset signal and then the terminal services going to

    restart.

    There are two cases occured in our implementation:

    1. While there is no client's connection (like a beginning of server starting): RADWARE's checking and then it will restart

    the services. BUT if there's a connection existing, there was nothing happend --> the normal stage.

    2. If we simmulated that while Windows starting (while booting the Windows BUT not finished yet), by disabled RDP-Tcp at the

    Terminal service configuration. And then RADWARE will check its status after that, we enabled the RDP-Tcp again.   In this

    case, the service starting using a long period (a few mins), while it should faster as start/stop the general services.

    Then, could you please help me the find-out the problem and also any solution for the case.

    I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

    Your faithfully,

    Pisut K.
    E-Mail: pisutat_private
    www.topsecure.net
    www.netengtel.com
    www.networkthai.com

    PS: The patchs and hotfixs was installed to the Windows 2000 successfully.