Re: Clarification on Xitami DoS

From: Muhammad Faisal Rauf Danka (mfrdat_private)
Date: Sun Aug 04 2002 - 16:15:19 PDT

    What is vendor's status regarding this issue?
    It is good we found the real cause of DoS effect in Xitami.
    Because, the maxedout values seem to work quiet fine, the problem is
    Keep-Alive Connection handling.
    I don't know how did you actually find out when it has dropped a
    particular connection, as in the duration of Keep-Alive affected and
    it's connection dropping time and whether it matches the value in configurations? after how long ?
    I tried netstat -an frequently by making requests from different hosts on my network, but same results as i told you before.

    Regards,
    ---------
    Muhammad Faisal Rauf Danka

    Chief Technology Officer