Possible Buffer Overflow in CesarFTP

From: Matthew Murphy (mattmurphyat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 30 2002 - 18:34:25 PDT

    I suspect a buffer overflow vulnerability in CesarFTP (v0.99e tested) that
    exists in "server.exe".  When receiving a command that contains a parameter
    of about 1200 characters, it drops all of its sessions and server.exe
    terminates.  However, the controller restarts the killed process.  I looked
    in the event log -- it makes no mention of the lengthy command.  Any ideas?

    "The reason the mainstream is thought
    of as a stream is because it is
    so shallow."
                         - Author Unknown