RE: Hashes,File protection,etc

From: Rich Cower (cowerat_private)
Date: Tue Oct 15 2002 - 12:37:12 PDT

    Berson attempted a differential cryptanalysis against a single round (MD5
    has
    4 rounds), but this attack is ineffective on all four rounds. Bosselaers and
    den Boer
    produced an attack that does produce collisions using the compression
    function. This
    doesn't lend itself to attacks of MD5, it does demonstrate that the design
    principle
    of producing a collision resistant compression function was violated.