Re: Retransmissions while blocking TCP Stack's RST?

From: Bryan Burns (bburnsat_private)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 13:37:08 PST

    If you're using TCP, the sequence numbers in the ACKs are going to be
    totally wrong, and just won't work.  For example:

     > SYN (seq Sc) (from the replay)
    < SYN ACK (seq Ss, ack Sc) (from your stack)
     > SYN (seq Sc+1, ack Ss_old) (from the replay)
    < stack-dependant freak-out

    You somehow have to either make your stack's sequence number be the
    same from the replay, or have your replay ACK the correct sequence
    number.  A similar issue arises if the number of bytes your stack sends
    doesn't match the number of bytes from the replay.

    -Bryan