Re: TOTAL WIRELESS SECURITY

From: George Capehart (gwcat_private)
Date: Thu Oct 31 2002 - 18:37:02 PST

Rob Shein wrote:

> Depends...if these areas are small and surrounded by places where cell
> phones/pagers/etc flourish, there's just about no way. You're also going
> to have a problem with cellular detection in that only law enforcement
> is allowed to have devices that scan on those frequencies.  A better bet
> might merely be jamming them all, but that is also illegal under FCC
> regulations.

Faraday cages and Tempest shields aren't.  Most institutions that I know
of that are serious about that solve the problem by RF-proofing the
areas they want to protect.  Try using a cell phone or pager in some
sensitive areas of some of the larger banks . . .  ;-)

--
George W. Capehart

Capehart Associates LLC                         Phone:  +1 704.678.1660
1604 Nottingham Drive				Fax:	+1 704.853.2624
Gastonia, NC  28054

"We did a risk management review.  We concluded that there was no risk
 of any management."  -- Dilbert