RE: "download" caps

From: Dom De Vitto (domat_private)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 01:06:06 PST

    This ADSL connection I'm using here is discounted for low daytime use
    (when I'm sat at the end of 2Gb/s link :-) ), but it's a very soft
    limit with the ISP issuing warnings for over use before finally urging
    you to upgrade or cease the service.  It's basically means you can't
    use Kazaa/Gnutella/ED2K during the day.  I think ISPs will move towards
    QoS in the core network for those protocols, simply because
    prioritising telnet/ssh/HTTP/SMTP over them will make them "seem" a
    faster network, interactively.

    Dom
    Dom De Vitto                                       Tel. 07855 805 271
    http://www.devitto.com                         mailto:domat_private